Carpet 1st is currently an owner-operated company and you will be dealing directly with me, Kris.
A little bit more about myself:
Industry Experience: I started in this industry when I was 13 by washing my neighbors carpet cleaning vans every weekend. Eventually he was so impressed with my work that he offered me a part-time position when I was 14.
I continued to work for this gentleman throughout high school and college and then went to work for corporate America where I made it to 'middle management' within 5 years.
The company that I worked for performed some 'middle management' cut-backs so I took the opportunity as well as my severance to start Carpet 1st in 2004.
Since Carpet 1st was formed, I have attained the coveted 'Master Cleaner' status through the IICRC, the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification which is the world's most recognized certifying body for carpet and upholstery cleaners.
I can truly say that I LOVE interacting with my customers on a daily basis and greatly enjoy making my customer's home look brand new again. I am a servant business owner mixed with a little bit of a perfectionist. No matter what the situation, I always strive to offer only the best that I can for each and every one of my customers.
My Family: I have 4 wonderful children. Calvin (20) and currently attends West Point; Eli (18) and in his senior year in high school; Alina (8) currently in 2nd grade and Amber (4) who is currently keeping the rest of us on our toes! During the summers you may meet my 18 year old, Eli who enjoys working with me when he is not in school.
Interests: I must say that one of my largest interests is business and entreprenuership. I love to read books on marketing and business and when I get time, I'll read a book from one of my favorite fiction authors: James Patterson, John Grisham and just more recently Mary Higgins Clark. If you have any good suggestions, shoot me over an email.
I also enjoy spending time with my family and yes, I have become somewhat of a reality TV junkie and I enjoy watching American Idol, The Apprentice and for the humerous side of me, I enjoy The Office.
My Life Philosophies: I am a large believer in the golden rule: if you treat everybody with respect, you will receive it in return. Even in my business I have a Bible verse that I use to to remind me of this on a daily basis:
Colossians 3:23 - Do your work heartily as unto the Lord and not unto man.
My Oath to You as a Client:
- Respect: I understand that I am a guest in your home. I promise to treat everybody and everything on your property with the due respect that you would expect any guest to have.
- Protection of Property: From furniture pads to wall corner protectors, I will do everything within my power to protect your home and the property inside. You take great pride in your home and the furnishing inside...We take great pride in protecting it.
- Honesty in Pricing: You can bet your bottom dollar that before any work is performed, you will have a solid, written price quote without any hidden charges.
- Peace-of-Mind: For any possible reason that an accident may occur, you can be rest assured that it will be taken care of. Carpet 1st is insured for 2 million US (much higher than required by law) so that we can ensure your piece-of-mind.
- No Fine Print, No Gimmick Guarantee: If we wanted a two page guarantee with stipulations, word-play and loop-holes, we would have become lawyers. All that we want here at Carpet 1st is to make you over-joyed by the experience that you have with us. If you are not absolutely thrilled by the service provided to you, just let us know and there will be no charge for our cleaning service.
Give me a call and let me know what I can help you with...I am always more than happy to assist you. 410-747-2447